The Missoula County Board of Trustees for the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula is responsible for the daily operations of the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula, except for those fiscal and personnel, statutory and administrative authorities reserved by Missoula County. Specifically, the Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- Making all program and policy decisions affecting the delivery of services, with exception of such fiscal and personnel decisions that are reserved by Missoula County.
- Approving the annual budget to be submitted to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Approving the hiring and dismissal of the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula's Executive Director.
- Co-operating with the Friends of the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula, a private, 501(c)(3) support organization, in maintaining the physical, professional, aesthetic, and fiscal health of the Historical Museum.
The Board was formed in accordance with Missoula County Resolution No. 87-093, dated September 21, 1987 and Resolution No. 95-001, dated January 10, 1995. The Board consists of three voting members and two non-voting alternates appointed by the Missoula Board of County Commissioners. Members of the Board serve three-year terms with one-third of the membership up for re-appointment every year. All terms begin on January 1 and terms are not limited. Regular meetings of the Board are held monthly, normally the third Monday of each month, at noon, at the Alien Detention Camp Headquarters (Building T-1) on the Fort Missoula campus.
Museum Trustee Meeting Schedule
- November 18, 2013
- December 16, 2013
- January 13, 2014
- March 17, 2014
- May 12, 2014
- July 21, 2014
- September 15, 2014
- November 17, 2014
- All meetings are from noon - 1:00pm, Building T-1, Fort Missoula
- Current list of trustees
Most Recent Meeting Information
Previous Board Minutes (pdf)